The organizations that are working together on the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Campus initiative are:
The newest addition to the Coventry School Building, ARTFUL created affordable studios space for local artists and creators, classes for artists and community members, career support for local artists, and serves as a liaison between the arts sector, community and local businesses.
Ensemble Theatre is dedicated to the responsible production of works that celebrate the human spirit drawn from the rich cannon of modern American classics as well as other significant contemporary plays. Ensemble serves greater Cleveland and the Midwest region by reintroducing the classics, examining them with new eyes, and supporting the development of new works for the American theater.
- The theater is committed to non-traditional casting and to providing culturally diverse programming that speaks to issues of contemporary life. Educational and outreach activities impact youth and under served populations through resident and touring performances.
- Ensemble Theatre believes that the arts are an essential and meaningful part of life. The theatre offers an important forum for stimulating and provoking thought about the issues of contemporary life, and it is a place for communal experience.
- Introducing future generations to the arts will enlighten them about the human condition and provide them with a resource to nourish them throughout their lives. All art, including theatre, should be a celebration of diversity and human dignity.
- Ensemble adheres to a credo with a policy of non-traditional, casting. This is the use of actors of any race, sex, ethnicity or degree of disabilities in roles for which such factors are not germane to the development of stage characters or the play.
The theatre provides the highest possible level of professionalism in all areas to nurture new talent, and to be ever mindful of the power of art to entertain and move the audience.
Vision: FutureHeights envisions Cleveland Heights and University Heights as the core of the region’s cultural and intellectual scene, with thriving local business, attractive neighborhoods, strong connections with neighboring communities, and a deeply engaged citizenry.
Mission: To inspire and facilitate collaboration and empowerment across our communities to ensure a vibrant and sustainable future for Cleveland Heights and University Heights.
- Diverse, inclusive, active and informed citizen participation in community decision making
- Appreciation for the time, talent and various forms of support offered to our organization
- Innovative ideas in addressing the challenges in our communities
- Open and effective communication and partnerships among nonprofits, schools, local business, city government and citizens
- Thriving local business community
- Preservation of historic neighborhoods and commercial districts
- High quality sustainability in design and architecture
- Regional approach to innovation, planning and development
Check out the Heights Observer!
Since 2011, Lake Erie Ink has provided creative expression programming for more than 3,000 youth of all ages, both in the classroom and out of school. We offer regular creative writing workshops, open mics, and off-site writing opportunities throughout Northeast Ohio. At our site in the Coventry neighborhood of Cleveland Heights, we provide weekend writing workshops and summer camps geared to youth of all ages, a creative writing after school program, a teen drop-in program, and many other opportunities to explore creative writing outside of the classroom. We also provide direct support to teachers and other youth-serving professionals, both in the classroom, and through professional development opportunities.
Our Mission & Structure
Founded in 1989, Reaching Heights mobilizes community resources to foster highly valued public schools that provide all Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District students a successful education. We are a 501(c) 3, non-profit organization with 2 part-time staff and 18 members on our volunteer Board of Directors.
What We Do
Reaching Heights taps the energy, skills, and financial resources of our community members, local businesses and organizations, and foundations to invigorate public support for our public schools.
Our programs focus on supporting and recognizing educators, enriching and encouraging student success, and connecting the community to our public schools.
Coventry P.E.A.C.E (People Enhancing a Child’s Environment) Park was built in 1993 by students, parents and other members of the Cleveland Heights community. The design for the playground was created by Learning Structures Inc. Since being built the park has been a favorite of children and parents alike and was voted the best place to take your kids in both 2008 and 2009. The name “Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Campus” is derived from this organization and now stands for “People Enhancing a COMMUNITY’S Environment”.
Coventry P.E.A.C.E., Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization was originally dedicated to keeping Coventry Playground maintained and functional, and is now responsible for managing and maintaining the Coventry PEACE Building.